Sunday, August 15, 2010

Irresistible Graham Cracker Cookies

*So, I made these last night because I was super curious....and, they did not disappoint. However, they were super sweet. It kind of reminded me of a waffle cone!

1 1/2 cups Honey Graham Crackers, finely crushed
1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat ; )
2 tsp. baking powder
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I just used 1 cup)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup flaked coconut (optional...which I didn't use)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

To make graham cracker crumbs: Place graham cracker squares into a large plastic bag, and using a rolling pin, crush crackers into finely crushed crumbs to make 1 1/2 cups.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder.

In another mixing bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and softened butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract. Add crumb mixture and stir utnil smooth.

Add chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

Yield: 4 to 5 dozen (though, it only made 3 dozen for me!)




--Taken from: Kroger Honey Graham Box

No comments: